View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
370zGatorman
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
370zGatorman is on a distinguished road

I traded in my 350z for the 370z after wrecking it. These cars are not so great in the rain. I was bragging about how great my brand new tires were at hugging the road and hydroplaned 10 minutes later If I get caught out in the rain now I drive like a granny lol I usually drop down to 35-40 on the interstate while other cars are going 70. You also need to be really careful with the gas pedal and just barely apply your foot to the pedal in the rain.

In my case I was on an exit ramp with a curve in the middle that had standing water. I turned the wheel probably an inch to navigate the turn and instantly starting spinning, slid up the grass and into two trees. I wasn't even speeding but the combination of the standing water, the curve and hitting the gas pedal all at the same time produced horrible results.

Since getting the 370z driving like a granny in the rain has worked and I never feel like I can go the speed limit in the rain. It always feels like the car is slipping and sliding all over the place if I get up to higher speeds. I pretty much try not to drive it when it rains now and if I do get caught out in it I slow way down.

Last edited by 370zGatorman; 05-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.
370zGatorman is offline   Reply With Quote