View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #43 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

If you've got some time and not pressed to have a car very, very soon, then by all means take your time. Other than a house, a car is probably most people's biggest single purchase in their lives. And unlike the house, you can pretty much not expect to make any money back off of it.

I highly recommend looking up youtube vids of all three cars. Owners who talk about them are useful (probably more brz vids in that vein than z), but also car reviews and comparisons. This can let you see what the cars usually are compared against for other options.

If you can wait a bit, you might be happier with a brz/frs in convertible form, or with some upgraded power; even just 20-40hp should be a sweet spot. The convertible should age better and not look quite as readily like a kid's car (basically how I see every Civic or WRX these days...it makes me sad).

Also, be sure to ask questions of yourself like others have mentioned. Is this your daily driver? Do you need cargo space? Will you be driving it in the winter? Do you do stupid things while driving, or do your stupid things only very cautiously?

Welcome to the forums, btw. There really is no better Z resource on the web than browsing around the threads here. Take a few days to cruise around the stickies and such.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote