View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
N8GTOL
Base Member

Drives: and flies
N8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond repute

I like all three cars you are considering, but all for very different reasons which others have highlighted above.

The majority of the people who complain about the Z are the ones that thought they bought a Porsche. It's an all around fantastic car IMO for what you pay. Yes there are faster cars out there. Yes there are cheaper cars out there. Yes there are cheaper cars to track. But if you want a pure driving experience and want to feel connected with the car and the road and go fast, then the Z is one of the best cars for the money.

As far as getting scared due to comments on here...the Z handles incredibly well...so well that you can get over confident and wreck if you are not used to RWD power (especially on wet roads). I too came from a truck as my first long term vehicle for almost 10 years. I drove my truck hard on occasion so I knew how RWD with a light a$$ would react to loss of traction...the Z just amplifies this because you need a lot more energy to break it loose. The stock understeer helps mitigate over rotation which is good for a novice driver trying to find the limits of the car.

Obviously I am a huge fan of the Z and I encourage others to look at it as an option. But, if you're spending $25K+ on anything, then make sure there is no doubt in your mind on your choice. The OP is on the right path doing his research and seeking first hand opinions but based on reading the OP's posts so far, I'm not entirely convinced the Z is the exact right car for him. Best of luck in your search and let us know when you pull the trigger on whichever option.
N8GTOL is offline   Reply With Quote