View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #38 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

***Audi = too expensive to maintain, especially used as previous commenters pointed out. I have driven the A4, RS4 S5 and A7 all with the same desire to own one of these pretty little things. But every time I came back to the cost associated with upkeep and the depreciation is disgusting.

***FRS/BRZ = If you don't need a lot of power in stock form and don't wish to go FI or are on a budget and can't, well, you can't really go wrong. But I would definitely wait for the '14 model year. My bro had one of the first FRS vehicles delivered in the U.S. and is now one of the highest mileage FRS vehicles on the road according to nationwide service records. He's quite possibly getting a new motor already. That is at just over 24k miles. New cars = new bugs and no long term track record.

But the car is still pretty sweet. But right along with you, no dealer would let me test drive one even when I proved that if I liked it i was signing for it that day. So I gave them all the middle finger because they can't differentiate between a Ferrari and a mid-$20k sport car. So I refuse to buy one and I won't do so having never driven it. I don't believe in hype. I believe in first hand experience.

***370Z = I personally hated the looks for a long time too. Until something about it caught my eye. Test drove 3 in 6MT including a Nismo and 2 sport package over a period of a year. Still didn't bite because there was something holding me back. I finally broke down and drove the 7AT Touring. I signed for it that night and have been in love with it more and more everyday. It is a striking car. And it has balls. No it isn't the fastest but there's always someone faster than you on the road so who really cares? Another previous comment that was made is that it is raw. Indeed it is and it feels like old, raw, roadster power. And the quality is pretty awesome too. The leather seats in my Acura started breaking down on the first drive. These haven't even got a wrinkle.

IMO, it is your decision in the end. So with that I look forward to welcoming you to the Z family.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote