View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
All of these systems achieve the same basic end result with differences in max rpm, max lift, min lift, and complexity.

Our system works great with good lift a large range and high rpm's but at the sacrifice of lubrication and friction.

The toyota system uses a traditional camshaft but uses a special rocker shaft that his a lifter arm and pusher arm arranged like < that can change the angle between the 2 to transfer more or less of the cams motion to the valve. This only changes lift and not duration but it should be possible to replace the main cam for more power which you can't do with our VVEL.
Maybe you need to dumb it down for me.

In trying to break down and decipher what you wrote, my interpretation is the lift can be changed on the Nissan VVEL. Basically duration controls where peak power will happen in the rpm range but addition lift increases peak power at that particular point. If we can increase the lift and the heads flow efficiently at the higher lift level, then peak power will increase on a assumptive basis.

It's my opinion from material read prior on head flow numbers, the 370 has some pretty killer heads.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote