View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #282 (permalink)
MarkGideon
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Base
MarkGideon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Kermit, to each their own, if you are fine paying interest for 5, 6, 7 years on something that won't be worth much in the end, then start the process over with another car and you have no issue with it, no biggie then man. A basic guy 1 guy 2 analysis to show arbitrary numbers won't suffice. You are locked in a 5-7 year loan, there may be opportunity cost in terms of your credit worthiness/Asset vs Liability report if and when purchasing long term assets. Please don't imply that the guy who paid for the car cash is not also getting returns on the equity market and doing other things to get ahead.

Look man, if you can swing having consumer debt, paying interests (that could have been invested elsewhere) and that works for you I rather be the guy at 50 with all my houses paid for, College planning taken care of, no debt, free to roam the world as I please. Being locked in car debt is not part of that plan
Somehow, I don't think that 0% interest on the consumer debt is really costing all that much.

2012 370Z Base Gun Metallic--2015 Altima 2.5SV Gun Metallic--2020 Chevy Silverado RST--1965 Chevy C10 Stepside Shortbed
MarkGideon is offline   Reply With Quote