View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishey View Post
Lifter problems are usually the result of ZDDP and in all honesty you don't need very much ZDDP in oil for a motor like a 350Z/370Z since its a DOHC design.

M1 5w-30/0w-40 (depending on cylinder wall design) is the #1 Race oil ran every weekend by professional race teams. 5w-30 M1 is what Roush Yates uses in and recommends for their motors including the Grand-Am DP motors that run on it for 24 hours strait. So saying it doesn't protect under hard driving situations is pretty laughable.

5w-30 M1 is what they run in the Doran 370Z and they have had Zero failures as the result of oiling.

Also, I know for a fact that when run on the Dyno M1 (5w-30 and 0w-40) make the same power as basically every synthetic on the market in a 370Z within 1/2 a HP to Amsoil/Redline/Motul/Brad Penn. They have all been ran on the Dyno with basically no difference in power.

-Ron
I shouldnt have said it will not protect under hard driving i meant it wont protect as well.

Im not trying to argue about proven tests that clearly show Amsoil being superior, people will run what they want but some oils are better then others.