View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Caustic
Base Member

Drives: '02 Acura NSX
Caustic will become famous soon enough

A lot of people talk about the weight of the car, but its competitors weigh more. 200+ pounds more. The only way to shed more weight is to make the Z smaller, and it is already smaller compared to it's competitors. There is barely any room in the engine bay, and the hatch isn't exactly big either. How much smaller can it get? And they are already using expensive aluminum to drop weight, again making it more expensive.

There really is only one problem with the Z, and that is the engine. Not enough power output in contrast to other cars in its class. At 3.7 liters, there isn't much more room for growth. The only solution to catch up is FI, and that will just make the car even more expensive, and more expensive to repair. But I don't see another way unless they go v8. Hahahaha. I really do wish that would happen though. I know, I know, the Z is a 6 cylinder car. But if they can make the leap from inline to v, why not add two cylinders too?

Or drop it back to 3.5, then put a turbo on it, which is what everyone really wants. Tuners would be salivating. But what would that do to the price?
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote