View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Fishey
Base Member

Drives: Volvo T5-R
Fishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the roughFishey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
They recommend 2 of the oils I stated and also talk about what I've been saying. Amsoil, redline etc will protect the engine under hard driving situations where Mobil 1 will not.
Lifter problems are usually the result of ZDDP and in all honesty you don't need very much ZDDP in oil for a motor like a 350Z/370Z since its a DOHC design.

M1 5w-30/0w-40 (depending on cylinder wall design) is the #1 Race oil ran every weekend by professional race teams. 5w-30 M1 is what Roush Yates uses in and recommends for their motors including the Grand-Am DP motors that run on it for 24 hours strait. So saying it doesn't protect under hard driving situations is pretty laughable.

5w-30 M1 is what they run in the Doran 370Z and they have had Zero failures as the result of oiling.

Also, I know for a fact that when run on the Dyno M1 (5w-30 and 0w-40) make the same power as basically every synthetic on the market in a 370Z within 1/2 a HP to Amsoil/Redline/Motul/Brad Penn. They have all been ran on the Dyno with basically no difference in power.

-Ron
Fishey is offline   Reply With Quote