View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewgrosschris View Post
First of I want to say I've been impressed with the community on this forum so far.

Hello all,

I'm a potential buyer of a 2011 370z with Manual transmission. I have a few questions and want to hear from people who know the 370z the best.

I currently drive a 2010 VW Gti. It's pretty much full bolt ons with out upgrading to a larger turbo. I'm considering the 370z along with some other cars one of them being a 2012 Golf R. The Golf R seems to be one the hidden secrets of the tunning world being able to obtain 350whp fairly easily with little modifications.

However I have a few questions about the 370z. I'd just like some informative answers on the following questions.

-How reliable is the car on the whole, is there any issues that will frustrate me?
I'm looking into a 370z in hopes i can control myself and keep it stock and make use of a factory warranty as long as possible.

-How is the 370z as a DD. It would be my DD for about 4 days a week. I'm a little considered about the lack of practicalness (Is that the right way to say that?) compared to the hatch back of a Golf R and even losing the space i currently have in my GTI. However I do only drive about 6 miles daily when commuting to work. I do make some longer trips into the city during the weekends but its only about 30 miles I would estimate. I've yet to test drive one yet, but it's on my agenda once I can find sometime within my busy work schedule. Will this thing beat me up on longer drivers? How are the seats? Will they work for guys like me that are a little umm wider then most?

-How is the transmission/Clutch on this car? I've driven a manual car before but never full time. I'm sure my skills could use some tweaking but that is part of the fun and why I am deciding on this car.

-what have/have not been able to fit in the Z? It hard to tell from just pictures.

Fun stuff
-What kind of numbers can these cars put down stock? With slight modification?
-Whats the single biggest bottleneck of this car? What mod produces the mosts gains?

-What kinda of kills is this car capable of stock? With bolt ons?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as the thread develops. I'm really excited.
I use mine as a DD. I tack 100 miles a day onto the Z in heavy traffic driving a standard. Great DD IMO. I had the transmission replaced under warranty, otherwise it's been flawless. The warranty change wasn't a fight with the dealership and they did the swap in 1 day. I couldn't be happier with my Z. If you're looking to do light mods on a car already designed for the track, you probably won't see much gains. Heavy mods (FI, gear swaps,etc can turn this sports car into a sports monster.