View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Corona370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Naked on sunny days
Corona370z will become famous soon enough

I have had mine since Halloween of '09 and still use it as a daily drive. As the others have mentioned, it does get a little "noisy" but the way I see (hear) it is that I'm more part of the car than someone just moving over pavement.

Being that it is a 2011, I would suggest looking into the "Steering Lock Issue" since it wasn't fixed until the 2012's. I had this problem but was fixed by the warranty. Thread can be found here: Sticky***** Steering Lock Failure Database ***** Sticky Don't let this turn you away though.

I learned to drive manual on this car and did just fine. This does put me in a place where I only have experience on this car being manual but I have not had any issues. As far as the amount of space, yeah, you lose a lot of space coming from a GTI but what exactly will you be hauling? I haul my groceries, soccer stuff, guitars. However, if you're buying a TV or something of that size or bigger, get a friend.

Hope you get what you want. Good luck!