View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
ewgrosschris
Base Member

Drives: 10 VW GTI
ewgrosschris is on a distinguished road
Default Potential 2011 370z owner

First of I want to say I've been impressed with the community on this forum so far.

Hello all,

I'm a potential buyer of a 2011 370z with Manual transmission. I have a few questions and want to hear from people who know the 370z the best.

I currently drive a 2010 VW Gti. It's pretty much full bolt ons with out upgrading to a larger turbo. I'm considering the 370z along with some other cars one of them being a 2012 Golf R. The Golf R seems to be one the hidden secrets of the tunning world being able to obtain 350whp fairly easily with little modifications.

However I have a few questions about the 370z. I'd just like some informative answers on the following questions.

-How reliable is the car on the whole, is there any issues that will frustrate me?
I'm looking into a 370z in hopes i can control myself and keep it stock and make use of a factory warranty as long as possible.

-How is the 370z as a DD. It would be my DD for about 4 days a week. I'm a little considered about the lack of practicalness (Is that the right way to say that?) compared to the hatch back of a Golf R and even losing the space i currently have in my GTI. However I do only drive about 6 miles daily when commuting to work. I do make some longer trips into the city during the weekends but its only about 30 miles I would estimate. I've yet to test drive one yet, but it's on my agenda once I can find sometime within my busy work schedule. Will this thing beat me up on longer drivers? How are the seats? Will they work for guys like me that are a little umm wider then most?

-How is the transmission/Clutch on this car? I've driven a manual car before but never full time. I'm sure my skills could use some tweaking but that is part of the fun and why I am deciding on this car.

-what have/have not been able to fit in the Z? It hard to tell from just pictures.

Fun stuff
-What kind of numbers can these cars put down stock? With slight modification?
-Whats the single biggest bottleneck of this car? What mod produces the mosts gains?

-What kinda of kills is this car capable of stock? With bolt ons?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as the thread develops. I'm really excited.
ewgrosschris is offline   Reply With Quote