View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #114 (permalink)
lethlwepn4
Base Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z A7
lethlwepn4 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'm new to posting here, but I just purchased an '11 Z and wondered about the cabin air filter. I read thru several pages of the postings here then went out and removed my glove box (as directed in the first few pages). As far as the cover over the filter and the tab, if you press down slightly on the left side while pulling out gently on the right, you'll pop the right side of the cover free and slide the cover to the right. This will pull the tab gently free. I couldn't believe it but mine actually had an air filter in it. Took it down to O'Reilly, and ABC Auto....no luck. Went to Auto Zone and got one of the service guys who was glad to help me rifle thru several filters til finding an ideal one...the STP CAF7766. This one has charcoal in it (to get rid of smells) and foam on both the front and back ends. If you remove the foam and slide it into the upper rear guides within the housing, it will fit almost perfectly. If you seat it right the cover will snuggly close on it when putting it back in place. Its a nice snug fit so don't force anything. With the foam removed, mine fit and worked perfect.....I actually think better than the factory original I removed. Good luck filter huntin'!
lethlwepn4 is offline   Reply With Quote