View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #368 (permalink)
ChrisUR
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Black Edition
ChrisUR will become famous soon enoughChrisUR will become famous soon enough

thank you all for the good feedback !

as I have already installed the STILLEN intake piping which is slightly larger than stock there should be enough air flow.

for the strut bar this is one of the next things on the todo list 2gether with getting the car tuned via OSIRIS.

as for pricing I have not yet calculated anything. The only thing I can tell currently is that I have paid well over US$6000 (not taking my time into account) in total to make this conversion happen so I fear it will not go for 200 bucks but is well in the 4digit area.

To be honest this mod is from my opinion for people who have done every possible mod you can do to an NA car or even super/turbocharged it and just want this icing on the cake to make it perfect.

Just to give you an idea only the welding took about 2 hours plus about 3 hours of hand-polish/grind the runners for perfect flow. This part even though it is "only" an adapter to make a plenum from another car fit is very complex (5 axis CNC for radius conversion) and not just a cheap "3 flange plates plus 6 pipes".

Please bear with me with the pricing as my current goal is to make the tune perfect and proof what gain can actually be achieved - after everything is 100% finished, tested and discussed I will offer you a group buy no question.

Thank you !

Chris