View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
You lose the CARB approval when you start swapping out the kit's componants. Ain't nothing easy about getting 500whp out of the Stillen kit. Many have tried.
while true, you have the sticker so smog shop guys dont care that its modded and if you ever get a ref ticket, the ref wont completely take apart the supercharger kit and check the length of every single pulley and check the impeller and see if its the stock stillen one

technically tuning your car is illegal here in california unless you have a carb approved tune yet no one is going to know about the different tune

i dont know about you though but i have seen a few people here who broke 500whp with the stillen kit

this guy has 445whp/335wtq on his stillen kit with stillen headers(which you are not supposed to do on any supercharger kit so he was probably getting more blow through then normal) and the stillen CBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Xg...waOAvg&index=2

plus most of the guys who give stillen a bad name dont even own the stillen kit so they dont have any say as to how good or bad the kit is(the people who use to own the kit though and say it sucks have a valid opinion because they use to own it)

at the end of the day though, it all comes down to what you want and how much you are willing to pay, if you(you meaning anyone, not you specifically) want to pay more for the illegal kit and then have to pay more for illegal smogs, then more power to you
I on the other hand dont have that kind of money so i dont mind making a bit less power but im able to fully enjoy my car on the streets which 90% of my driving takes place