View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #266 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
Not to knock on you brother, I tend to cringe when I read about 5+ year repayments. By the time you get interests on the 6 yrs and whatever value the car would have remaining should you decide to sell ...
On our new 2011, we actually did a 7 year loan to get the payments below $400/month. But because of some extra work I do on the side, I usually get a couple of large checks each year, so I put a large chunk of each towards the car whenever we get them. We'll have it paid off in less than 5 years, or maybe even 4 years. Btw, I had to negotiate pretty hard with the bank to ensure that paying the loan off early would not result in a penalty (because they don't get all their interest - the loan is not through Nissan). This way, for me, it is like I put down an additional $10K at the initial purchase, but instead it is lumped into the loan and I don't have to pay interest on it if I pay it off the car early enough

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote