View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
guitaraholic
Base Member

Drives: 240sx SL-C
guitaraholic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA0890 View Post
Ive been pricing parts to start an LS build for my 370 and am closing in on 30k without the fab work to make it work. So I guess Im starting on my wifes 4.6 3V for her mustang first
Quality parts get ridiculous fast.
Im looking to make a short stroke big bore off an RHS block plus a 2.9L Whipple, solid roller cam, dry sump, and 8000+ rpm. Im only wanting 5-600 hp but I think Im going to end up close to 1k.

$30,000 on an LS build?, What are you putting in it?

I have an L92 I picked up for $2,700 with wire harness, pedal assembly, and all the accessories. I priced a nice stroker rebuild and came in about $5,000. That's all forged internals, upgraded springs, valves, pushrods, cams. I'm putting it in my SL-C and figure I'll get around 550HP or so, which is more than enough for a 2300lb car.

You can pick up an LS7 crate enigine for $13k or so, with just a cam and a good exhaust you'll be close to 600HP or more naturally aspirated. The 370z isn't that heavy of a car, I'm thinking 1000HP (which if you are going to do it that way, turbos would be your best bet, is more for bragging rights then being able to use it on anything but the drag strip. Even on a road course 1000HP isn't very useful, and probably would make it so much of a hand full to drive it won't be that much fun. Before you get wrapped up in the numbers, I would drive something close to that to see if it is something you even want.
guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote