View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #72 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

was kinda looking fwd to this exhaust..... but after listening to the vids, imo it sounds horrid. yeah, loud. DECENT at idle but dear god it sounds annoying as hell when it screams. i instantly pictured a honda civic with a cherry bomb "yes i know its a company" fart can from autozone doing a high RPM flyby. and man does it rasp, every time they let off the gas and the RPMs drop it sounds like someone sighing really loud.

there are like 500000000 different setups, and each companies different componants are going to make it sound different i know. and sound is subjective. some people honest to god LIKE that trademark fart can sound. im looking for a V8 sounding exhaust, no rasp, no drone, with a nice glug glug glug V8 sound at idle with a DEEP throaty sound when reved. password JDMs prototype nismo exhaust was the closest thing ive ever heard but they must be going full retard, its taken them 3 years and still no product and it still sounds KINDA trumpety at the top end of a rev. i have a chevy colorodo work truck with the 3l 5 cylinder and it sounds like a small displacement V8, VERY deep and growely, look up old 3.9l v6 dakotas they are the same way. why the **** cant we make the VQ sound good? i would take an exhaust that SOUNDED good over one that gave me a couple HP any day.

Last edited by chii370; 05-14-2013 at 03:55 PM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote