View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #242 (permalink)
chknhawk
Track Member

Drives: Like a batouttahell!
chknhawk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to chknhawk

Check american express savings.. they also have competitive rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Where to Find the Best Savings Rates - SmartMoney.com

Look at the bottom, and I promise you that's not all the banks doing 4%+. Look around.

Different banks run different "promos". what they do is offer great rates to attract customers so that they can lend more. Find a bank with a shitty checking interest rate, and they are going to be more happy to issue you a loan. Find a bank with a great checking interest rate, and vice-versa. Back in 2010, for example, my googling reveals that there was a bank in TX that was open to all TX residents that offered over 4% up to $25K. Currently, they have dropped down to 2%. Did you get in on that? Why not?

Well never fear, I did your homework for you just to prove to you and others that if you look around you can put your money to work for you: Interest Rates & Fees | Tyler - Longview - Kilgore | Texas - TX | BankTexas

There you go. 3.25% up to $10K. Open and available to YOU! But you know what? You probably won't do it anyway, so I'm wasting my time other than to prove to you what you're pissing away in interest with low rates.