View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #2308 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts View Post
It will be a lot longer than a couple weeks for me and I was prepared for that. From what I can see from the thread 695 shipped on 4/5 and 717 shipped on 5/9 or basically 5 weeks later. So averaging somewhere between 4-5 units per week. It is what it is, I knew it would be a long wait when I made the order....no one held a gun to my head when I ordered and I was fully prepared to wait until early July. However, if it becomes pretty clear that it will be into August before mine is ready I'd probably rather go ahead an eat the deposit now and go a different direction vs. waiting until the last minute when I may struggle to secure an alternative timely.
I understand how you feel and where you are coming from. Just to shed a little light here. Right now we are running at the beginning of everyone's shipping window. That window is a 2 week window. About 6 weeks ago we were running towards the end of the window. So in 6 weeks we have effectively picked up 2 weeks in production. Now our goal is to get all of your systems out as early as possible. It does not benefit us to hold on to your order any longer than we have to. Now if you see that only 4-5 370 systems ship per week it is because there are G37,G35 & 350 systems in there as well. Between every Z/G platform we build on a first come first serve basis. On an average, we build and ship 7-9 systems per week. Less than 6 months ago a good week was building 6 systems. We have found a way to effectively build 2-3 more systems per week and not have the quality suffer. What we have seen happen is as production has ramped up, so have the new orders. I also believe that the birth of the turbo kit is helping drive exhaust sales.

Now when I am putting lead times on invoices I am purposely over estimating. I also have started writing on the invoice that the est. shipping window is a "worst case scenario".

On a final note:
As Blake stated above, the turbo kit has not affected production at all! That was a #1 concern with us when we started that project. The way the kit is designed that once in production is will be very self sufficient opposed to how much labor goes in to building each exhaust system. As always, we appreciate every customers support and business.

If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions.

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote