View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

DEpointfiveO said it best. Brakes can be added easily but i cant see someone putting a fake SRM button or even putting a differential in after they bought a non sport.

Also another way is Nissan could probably look up the VIN and tell if it was a sport model if you are worried about getting scammed.

I remember a kid in my neighborhood years ago clearly had a regular WRX but the person he bought it from put all the STI stuff on it and the kid was 100% convinced it was an authentic STI.... Obvious to me as the small details were clearly overlooked.

Big thing you dont see with a sport model besides the obvious brakes, forged wheels is the Differential. I had an open diff on my first 350z and i could lay some mean one wheel peels BUT cornering it was bad. It was a wildman punching through a corner.... Fun, yes and taught me how to truly control the car but with a differential it made cornering a lot smoother under hard acceleration.