View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
jordan3720
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z MB S/P
jordan3720 is on a distinguished road
Default Post accident repair, next step (frame)?

Hey guys, so I found a thread on a car with similar damage, but the OP ended up not having any frame damage, so here goes:

I got into a wreck nearly 2 months ago in my Z, some girl hit my passenger front fender/front bumper going 25-35 mph. The damage didn't look to be too terrible, but it was unpleasant nonetheless.

Long story short, I get the car back the other day, and the total cost of repairs was $16.5k... Yikes. As I was going through the receipts, I found a few line items that struck my interest and fear, they read:

"Remove/Replace RT upper rail (HSS) 3.5 labor hours body
Remove/Replace LT upper rail (HSS) 3.5 labor hours body
Pull for Frame/Unibody Mash 3.0 labor hours frame
Pull for Frame/Unibody Sway 5.0 labor hours frame
Pull for Frame/Unibody Sag 4.0 labor hours frame"

This was to my complete chagrin and completely blindsided because when the car was in the shop and I received my original estimate, I asked if there was frame damage and the reply was "no".
Is there any way for me to find out how extensive these repairs were, and to judge that the repairs were done to a level of quality that my car is still safe for the roads, as well as auto-x? This is my first wreck with a magnetude above fender bender, and my favorite car I've ever owned, so I just want to explore all possible avenues before taking a huge hit and trading her in... Any wisdom please?
jordan3720 is offline   Reply With Quote