View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
lachap55
Base Member

Drives: 2010 plt spt roadstr
lachap55 is on a distinguished road
Talking oil consumption test; foot in mouth

1. was worry about oil loss in my 2010 370z and at last oil change asked for oil consumption test. i am 58 years old and i read the manual from top to bottom and i read the forum daily.
2. travel to fla. from va; about a 700 plus ride one way and check oil when i got into town. notice that i was a little low...a little under the H mark. parked on leval ground and waited to the next morning to check again with the same results.
3. i knew i had to drive back to fla i did not risk waiting to take the car back to the dealer to check oil lost...i added about an 1/4 to a 1/2QT of oil to the engine and got it back to the H mark. I did not think this was an oil problem just good maitance on the car.
4. got back to va. and checked the oil situation while the car was cold and on level ground and the results were the same...a little under the H mark; did not add oil. went to the dealer to get oil change and explain that i was out of town and added a little oil to engine while i was out of town. he made remarks on my invoice,"found oil level slightly high before oil change"; he did not bring this to my attention while i was at the dealership. i saw the remarks when i got home on my invoice. called dealership and asked why you did not bring this to my attention while i was at the dealership? are you trying to cover your tracks down the road; just in case?
HE JUST...
lachap55 is offline   Reply With Quote