View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
chknhawk
Track Member

Drives: Like a batouttahell!
chknhawk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to chknhawk

You could always drive up to St. Louis. They do it there all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Perhaps you set your expectations too high. And the 430 wasn't Ferrari's track warrior, it was made as a very balanced car for regular (rich) folks.

I remember a couple years ago, my parents told me one of my uncles got a 911 in Taiwan. Just assumed it was a Carrera. Finally visited my family there last winter with expectations of seeing a Carrera. Much to my surprise, it turned out to be a 911 Turbo. WAY exceeded my expectations. Best day of driving ever.
On the other hand, before I bought the Z, I was looking at GTi's. Reviews were amazing for the car, about how nimble and fast it was. But when I drove it, the handling was still like any other FWD car I'd driven, just with less roll, and straight line speed wasn't much better than my old V6 camry. So I ended up being pretty disappointed.

Definitely wish I could attend an event to drive supercars, but they dont really do that in Knoxville. The Gallardo would probably have a bigger wow factor though. That's Lamborghini's whole thing.