View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #151 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zrider View Post
wonder what ideas Nissan has in mind for the z35. I don't expect a big improvement.

They can't handle cooling issues while staying on a budget, therefore turbocharging is far from being the solution. Maybe the only way they can improve the z is with a serious weight reduction

It was stated well over a year ago the next gen Z will be much lighter and leaner. So expect in the 300lb reduction arena. The 2012+ Z's received a moderate cooling improvement. I expect to see cooling improvements in the next gen.
Also, if the Z gets a smaller displacement and a larger bay? Cooling will come much easier to attain. Also, if they go turbo? I'm sure there will be engineering for better cooling. The GT-R doesn't have a cooling problem so i wouldn't expect to see the next gen Z with one. I don't forsee Nissan going ror more criticism on the Z. Mr. K complained and i think Nissan listened to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Why don't we compare 2013 Cayman to 2013 370z
Remember: Porsche got a complete redesign in 2013. We got DRL's woohoo!!!! Expect to see a competitive car in 2015. It's not realistic to compare last gen tech to new gen objectively.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 05-12-2013 at 01:10 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote