View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #141 (permalink)
Tazicon
Track Member

Drives: German/British cars
Tazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
MR is just more balanced. The Z takes more skill to achieve what the Porsche can. You really gotta become one with the Z. The porsche is effortless driving. Better is subjective to your driving expectations. MR puts up less of a fight, like AWD/FR does. So criticisms of whats better can go on all day if you're driving expectations are high, low, moderate etc

But the Porsche undoubtedly has a more refined engine and a more balanced chassis, not to mention a better feeling shifter.
The Z feels more aggressive under load, is more fun and leaves a lot less room for error., The porsche is a sword and the Z is a hatchet. But with one swing of both, you can cut anything in half.
This^ The one thing I will say is in the twisties the Z is more fun as you really HAVE to drive it.

Last night when we went out and the wife was driving the Porsche, she kept saying that the Z is raw and the Porsche refined, pretty much like you stated. She won't let me get rid of the Z though nor would I want to. For the money, and cost of upkeep you can't beat a Z. (Edit: and the fun factor! The Z is a blast to drive)
Tazicon is offline   Reply With Quote