View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
a6walter1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 PW 7AT
a6walter1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher View Post
At first I was thinking to do something fun in my car with the RaspberyPi like this guy: Thoughts on in car computer?

Then I found this: Android Mini PC

Which I could hook up to this: SAMSUNG Resistive Touchscreen or this: With Bezel

This touchscreen would also complement a back-up camera since it has the trigger to automatically switch to the back-up camera video feed.

If you want, you can also add a powered hub and attach things like GPS or a hard drive for your full media library.

I plan on doing this in the future but do not quite have the funds to do so. Just some random thoughts and ideas I thought might be useful to someone looking to replace that dreaded compartment in the middle.
I would recommend just putting a tablet in your car instead of the Android mini PC. The main reason I say this is because you definitely do not want a resistive touch panel like the one you linked us to. Resistive touch panels are the way of the past, current technologies involve Capacitive Touch panels. I have been looking into tablets, and you can get a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 inch for $170, which is only 30 more than the screen you posted.

To address your other concern, I have an Asus TF101 tablet currently and you CAN play music at the same time as using GPS/browsing the web. It will run Google Play Music (local storage), Pandora or Grooveshark. When the GPS is running the tablet will automatically decrease the volume of the music when it is speaking directions.

My Journal (2012 PW 7AT)
a6walter1 is offline   Reply With Quote