View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
JC671
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Toretto around
JC671 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice14 View Post
So any updates on people who have installed this?

I live in the caribeean and Its always around 85 degrees here. maybe 70 degrees at night in December. I track the car probably once every 2 months. I have a 34 row cooler and the oil temp still gets up to 240 easily.

So i checked my car's water temp and it was 210 just driving some what spirited.

Juice
Juice,

Here is the response to your pm and question. I've had this thermostat put on before my 34 row cooler and yes it lowered my coolant temp drastically and helped alot with oil temp when I wasn't pushing the car hard.

I constantly kept getting P0128 codes which deals with the thermostat because the ECU senses the thermostat opening too early than what it regularly should be. So all I did was turn off that specific code.

Once I installed 34R cooler. My temps are perfect and I never even get my oil temp up past 185 that's even after 8 consecutive 1/4 mi. passes with no more than 2-3mins between runs.

Our weather are exactly the same here. Even at night our temps are 80+ degrees, relative humidity at 77+ and during the day depending our time of year it can reach the 100s. That's our year round temps here.

So yes I recommend this if you are in the same type of climate we are in otherwise if you get any type of cold weather or season. I wouldn't get this as it opens really early.

A special "Thank You" to the Fast Intentions Crew!
"Fueled By Passion"

Last edited by JC671; 05-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.
JC671 is offline   Reply With Quote