View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Motion Lab
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Motion Lab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyn View Post
wow, 400 tq on Stillen kit, that's amazing.
So the only upgrade is the Vortech impeller kit, no other pulley, tubing, MAF upgrades, right?
is it possible to see the pre-VVEL dyno graph on this?

But job well done Motion Lab.

BTW, you've two CBE's listed.
We upgraded the original Impeller with the largest one that Vortech offers for the V3-SCi blower. We also swapped out the injectors and fuel pump to make sure we weren't running high IDC when approaching that 500hp mark. Along with the impeller he also already had the smaller pulley. We have not exceeded the MAF sensors yet, however I think during the last session we were getting pretty damned close.

Well we tuned it when it made 460whp and had already began to play with the VVEL. We were able to pick up even more with additional time on the VVEL calibration, but I would really need the original charts from where he made around 420 or 430whp to reflect the true differences in the mid range. Not sure if he still has that or not.

Also thanks for pointing that out I corrected the list. We moved from the NISMO to the Berk. We also swapped out the Motordyne ART Pipes for GTM Resonated test pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
From what I think OP said was its pretty much no longer a Stillen kit. The title will be confusing to some.
Its still a Stillen kit regarding where it sits and the pipe routing. However since installing the original kit we have upgraded the injectors, fuel pump, supercharger impeller, supercharger pulley, and the BPV. Hes been modding the kit since he got it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDan50 View Post
Cant wait to get my Z up there for y'all to work on! Definitely thinking about doing that impeller upgrade now. Do you think I should go with the Turbosmart BPV you guys used here?
Dan,

The impeller upgrade made the power jump up pretty good for sure! He is also running the smaller pulley. I think adding the turbosmart into the mix isn't a bad idea. The Stillen valve isn't bad, its just not designed to be pushing as much boost. It would be a good addition to ensure we weren't leaking boost out of the BPV, but not %100 required for what we have discussed doing on yours currently. I think only until we were pushing 10+ psi did it present an issue. 9-10 psi it seemed to behave fine. The turbosmart also makes cool noises .

Also I will have your Quaife diff sooner than we thought. Itll be here Tomorrow! Ill send you some pictures when it arrives.

Thanks,
Alex Goodwin
AlexG@motionlabtuning.com
Motion Lab is offline   Reply With Quote