View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #162 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I ever mentioned it on this forum or not.., and it doesn't apply to the VQ at all but is interesting none-the-less... Some years back I used to only build vipers. The factory race viper called the "competition coupe" had a oil pickup kit that we would order to install on street vipers converted to race duty.

It was a swinging pickup! It had a little rudder build into the pickup head and a swivel joint at the top of the tube. It would follow the oil around inside the pan! Pretty trick although I always wondered how many years it would last until it seized up. The viper engine has the worst oil pan setup a racer could ask for as it has a massive floor plan and very shallow... With no room to go down due to ground clearance.