View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
Driven from CA to Arizona and back, I thought it was the most uncomfortable 5 hours in my life. The last 2 hours made me want to be cramp in a plane instead. Fact that my stuff block the rear view just made the whole experiencr clostrophobic.
I dunno, I drove from Dallas to LA in 2 days and thought it was one of the most comfortable drives, lol. I'd redo it in a heartbeat. And I really didn't get out to stretch or anything, AND I'm very prone to back pain.
That being said
Touring seats FTW!!!

I took a crapload of guns and ammo, blanket, books, computer, cooler in the passenger seat, car stuff, a crap load of shoes and clothes and I maybe, MAYBE had one inch of visible rear view.

Honestly, if your 2 dogs can fit, JUST take that, as well as things that are SUPER valuable.
THEN pack all your other crap into the Lexus and ship that. Hell, if you had to ship both you wouldn't be making much more space by filling the Z, and/or how did you assume to take all that crap anyways.

All that being said, I still say go for it. And if your tires are really shot, MAYBE get a rear tire flip flop (if your camber is bad) just because tires get REALLY hot on the drive, or do as the cheap bastards (namely me) do, and do a front/rear tire rotation (I had a 20mm spacer on the back though). It looks REALLY dumb, but it'll prolong the life of the more expensive rear tires!