View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving across country in the Z or just ship it?

I am about to move from the right coast to the left coast. Based on what I am reading in the relocation package, I am only allow to drive my own personal car across country rather than getting a Hertz one way rental ($550+gas). Since my wife's Lexus is more expensive and has higher miles, I am probably not going to use that car. I am going to get reimbursed 55 cents per mile and I can take 6-7 days to do this trip via I-80 or I can just say to hack with it and ship both cars. I don't want to fly over since I have 2 dogs that I have to bring over too. My Z has lower miles, so doing the 3000 miles shouldn't be too bad and I do have worn tires so I probably don't have to do much other than an oil change once I get to CA. The only issue I do have with the Z is that it is very small and cramp, I am going to have a tough time carrying anything. Outside of the dogs and personal items, I am going to have to bring a lot of valuerable and baby stuff with me. I don't know if a stroller, pack and play and a jumper will fit in the Z. I do have an aluminum cargo carrier that I can use in the back to expand my cargo capacity, but that means I am exposing whatever out there in the element. WHat do you guys think? Good or bad idea?

I am really doing this for my dogs, I don't want them to fly on the belly or trap under the seat in a crate for 6 hours.

Oh yeah I will need jumbo ear plugs as the car is so uncomfortable to drive!
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote