View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #568 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Did you even give them a chance to not be "new" tires?

I mean where/what are you doing thats pushing them beyond acceptable limits??

I put 500 miles on them before condemning them. If I go around a bend, no matter the speed, 30,40, 50, 100, doesn't matter, a set of 1200 dollar tires that I read over and over again are simply amazing,and every source that review tires names them the benchmark, should not allow the car to roll on the sidewalls, period. I went for a short drive tonight, and with the OE sizes, I am much happier, but again, I have driven on less expensive tires with equal handling characteristics. When I turn the wheel, the tire should respond, and have crisp and immediate response. Heck tire rack says it needs more comfort, christ, the sidewalls are soft enough, these ride like a caddy in comparison to the bridgestones...so much for honest reviews...I think plus sizing was a mistake, did that based off of the forums, with a stiffer sidewall tire, it may work, or some may just need the traction, but it will require a wider wheel to compensate for the softer sidewalls. I will just have to agree to disagree with the majority on these, I agree with the others(I have another thread on these) that say these are not TRUE performance tires, because they are not, they are good street tires, and way over priced. Hopefully my opinion will change after this set is scrubbed in, but I am skeptical. Just like all the hype when the hankook v12's came out, I bough into that crap too, what a joke of a tire, best budget tire most likely to kill you, that's what that pos was, this is good tire that is over hyped and over priced...I know you guys are married to these tires, I just do not see it, you are throwing away cash imo IF YOU WANT A PERFORMANCE TIRE, if you just want a tire that you want to go around that bend a little fast today, hey its great, out here in the country we have LOTS of turns and bends, and I use them, everyday...they say PSS is ok, but not at the level I was expecting. I am not saying this is a BAD tire, just not a great one for its "true" intended purpose...found this out there as well wish I did before, but its a good read, it also suports my theory of higher tire pressure...I do not track my car, but I agree with this 100%.
Yokohama AD08 vs Michelin Pilot Super Sport - RX8Club.com