View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #395 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what Matt did for me this past Sunday (May 5th). I can't believe he gave up Cinco de Mayo to do an install for me, but he did!

- Alpine W535HD
- Hybrid Audio Imagine Series Convertible Component Speakers
- Arc Audio XDi 805 amp
- Arc Audio 10" sub
- Stinger Wiring kit
- Alpine C117D rear view camera
- ASWC-1
- GTMat Onyx Sound deadener

The goods

Bye bye stock head unit!

Matt doing work

Taking it all apart

OEM vs Hybrids

Running wires

Sound deadening with GTMat Onyx

Zenclosure

New headunit with cameo appearance from Matt

Due to a few mishaps and delays of me getting there, Matt was understanding and we started about an hour or so later than expected. Halfway through, Matt realized I forgot something so he drove us to his local Best Buy and hooked it up. That was very awesome of him since it was really out of his way and my mistake for not having the part needed. Also gave me a chance to ride in his car and listen to his speakers at work, which was awesome. Many hours later, finally finished the install and had the radio/CD on the whole ride back. Definitely worth the 3 hour drive for me to get to him!

Unfortunately those are all the pics I was able to take during the install. But his work is definitely top notch and he was able to pop everything on and off in a matter of seconds without damaging anything.