View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
Lol didn't know you could judge a custom built turbo without knowing the specs or anything.

This is a modded S256 turbo. Its will work quite well with this car. And he didn't pick the turbo but good assumption

Also Precision's 6266 was a thought but I don't want to be part of any company that refuses to post technical data.
Well, I can tell that it has a T3 turbie housing...that is more than I need to know . Even if the turbine wheel is 70mm (not possible) the turbine housing will still be a limitation. I am not trying to start anything BTW (or derail your build thread), just trying to give you some constructive advice from experience. The VQ37 revs high and has a very high VE, so a small housing like that will prevent you from reaching your goal.

Remember, the T3 framed turbo kits for the 350z's could never get past 500whp a few years back due to the same issue I am describing. Only when I introduced a true T4 frame turbos were customer able to get there. Many of my customer have built engines and are in the 650whp (pump gas) range with a 6266. Many though that this was not possible with a single turbo, and that there is no way to compete with the TT kits...so much for that

PTE 62mm turbo will flow 72lb/min of air, and the 67mm turbo will flow 93lbs/min. I know that there are not flow maps like with Garrett, but that is plenty of info. On top of that (as I mentioned) I did some testing and told you what turbine housing works best for this platform.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 05-08-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote