View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytorres5946 View Post
Could this be the stock tires? Someone posted that the wider tires in the rain get less traction but that doesn't make sense since on dry surfaces the wider tires means more surface area to stick to.
Regarding this part, YES, narrower tires give more traction in the wet because wide tires do not put as much direct pressure on the ground, and depending on how much water there really was, you'll "float" more with wider tires

Also, "crazy rain"... I've driven in a LOT of rain with the 370Z, no issues with going 60-70, but if you've got 1" of water sitting ON the ground, be more happy that you didn't get hit on the freeway from one of those CRVs loosing control.
If it's rainING and you hit a patch of standing water like a puddle, you hydroplane for a brief moment. IF that is the feeling you're talking about, 50% of cars cannot make it through that, and the guys doing 55 are out of their mind.

Lastly, if it really does rain as bad as you're saying it does, try changing to an all season tire like Continental DWS or Michelin A/S+