View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future
Default MKG's Custom Single Turbo Build

View post #3 for finished build.

Well I guess I will start with a little background. I purchased my 370 Z new in Feb. 2012. Over summer 2012 I had were Ark Exhaust, FI headers, custom painted rays wheels, custom painted headlights, custom cubby tablet, and other little crap you wont care to read about.

Anyways, I got bored with the car and felt it needed something more. Well that really escalated to me and my buddy "boosted MX5"(forum name on here) to building a complete turbo setup for the Z.

After seeing a lot of people pushing 500hp to the wheels I decided that was for me but I didn't really like the kits we had available in terms of pricing or performance. Now when I say I "Didn't really like the performance" I'm really just talking about nit picky things and nothing major.

On to the more interesting stuff..

Please keep in mind this build is being done by two kids barely able to legally purchase alcohol so let try to keep the negative comments as constructive as possible

Goals for the build:
-To successfully run E85 long term.
-To make full boost faster than any other kit and hold power.
-To have the first wire tucked but still useful engine bay
-To make this a really fun car that is just stupid fast all of the time

PARTS!!!
-Custom Borg Warner S259 Turbo with upgrade billet compressor wheel, built by BTS
-Tial WG's & BOV's
-ID1000 injectors
-God Speed Project TT FMIC
-Mod Shack Oil Cooler(temporary solution)
-E85
-Aeromotive Stealth 340lph Fuel Pump
-Lots of V-bands
-Custom made in house Up-pipe, down-pipe, exhaust

That is all of the main parts there are lots or little things going in like wiring and clamps and other crap that isn't worth mention yet.

So far we have about 8-10 hours invested in the build so there isn't a lot of progress but I will post pics. Pretty much just disassembled everything needed to get to the building portion of the project. We are tucking and relocating quite a bit of stuff from the engine bay. Once that is done(should be this weekend) the fabrication portion will start.

Last edited by MyKindaGuise; 08-10-2013 at 07:49 PM.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote