View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Ever since I pulled the steering lock fuse, it seems like it takes a couple of seconds for my car to react after I push the red button.
At first, I thought it was user error; clutch not all the way in, didn't push the button hard enough or long enough. But now, I'm pretty sure that my car takes an extra second or so to wake up post-pulling the steering lock fuse.

Anyone else experiencing this?
As far as I can tell, the delayed start "problem" is not related to disabling the ESCL - too many ppl who have not disabled the ESCL have the same symptoms.

Disabling the ESCL may exacerbate the situation, but reports don't seem to be consistent.

When you disable the ESCL you are only killing power to the microswitches inside the ESCL. There is an electronic module that stays powered and must be present and working (talking to the BCM) for the car to start.

The best theory I've heard for the reason for the delay is that the car is doing some self-diagnostics that, for some unknown reason, are not run before every startup.

In any case, it appears that the delay is not harmful, just annoying.

Try replacing the fuse and see if the delay goes away.

Since the ESCL is an anti-theft device, Nissan is understandably pretty tight-lipped about how it works. All the above is based on the FSM, my personal experience, and what I've read from other users. YMMV