View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Chris, what I did was snugged down the bolts to one side of the test pipe to y pipe, then I moved over to the other side and used a jack to force the y pipe to line up with the test pipes. Then I tightened that side down all the way, moved back to the other side that was snug, and tightened all the way. Like you said, you just have to massage it a little to get everything to work out. The Litespeed exhaust is definitely not the best fitting exhaust I've come across. We've already discussed the tail pipe issue...
If I snug down one side, I have to move the opposite side over almost a full inch to get the other bolts to line up on the other side. If my Z1 pipes show up by Thursday, I'm going to try to tackle this again.

My main concern is that with the kink in the exhaust I'm losing power. A LOT of power on the top end. 15whp to be exact since I use to make power all the way up to 8k and now my powerband plateaus at 6.8k. I went to get a retune after I swapped from CNT exhaust to litespeed and I highly doubt the exhaust itself is causing the loss as most people seem to have no issues with it and I didn't realize the kink was so bad till I looked over it again.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote