View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did a simple test that tells me the capability is there, and the N7 can put out nearly as much bass as my iPhone 4S. I think the difference should be considered negligible for car audio applications, although it is noticeable on my office stereo system set up.

I performed the first test inside using a Pioneer Elite receiver and a pair of JBL Northridge E30 speakers. I did a simple analog direct input with an analog 3.5mm to RCA cable using the exact same file played by the native MP3 playback application on each device (I emailed the file to myself and played it directly out of the mail application). If anyone cares, I used 311 - Misdirected Hostility for my test song.

I performed the second test using the aux cable in the Z on the base stereo. The results of the first test were confirmed. In fact, due to the $hitty base stereo and speakers, I was unable to notice a difference in quality between the two devices.

When I have some more time, I will do some more tests with additional factors, including lossless file quality (easier to email a 128K MP3 file) and various playback apps available on the N7.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote