View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #262 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

So, I just got off of the phone with Bryan @ Berk (he's their tech) and he explained that this is something that happens on all Z's with the welded tips. Sometimes it's the passenger-side, sometimes it's the driver-side. He said that we could take my exhaust and put it onto the one they have in the shop and it could show the passenger-side sticking out more.

He requested I send a copy of my purchase receipt and as long as it was purchased in the past year he'll send me some spacers to put on the passenger side.

There's no way to get it to be flush with the bumper, but at least the tips will be even.

I asked about bending the hangers and he said, "Bending hangers is more for up, down, left, and right movement."

All in all, I'm pleased with the sound and performance, but not pleased with the fact that it's going to look ricer-ish with the tips extending out from the bumper. Not sure how long it's going to last with me having to look at it each day like this.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote