View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cyberium
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z Touring | Sport
Cyberium is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
If you begin to sputter in a long right hander, can you straighten out at low speed and kind of wiggle back and forth to slosh some gas back over to the right side of the hump??? Coast to straight and reprime your right side fuel pump???

Also how much gas to get her running again? Could I carry a gallon or so around to avoid being stranded? I assume that the pump is on the right and so is the gas cap so a small amount of emergency gas would suffice.
I suppose if you catch the sputtering quick enough you will be able to get gas back into the system by straightening it out... but usually it's too late.

It's really not that hard to keep the fuel tank above half-full. I mean, sure it's kind of a pain in the *** but if it's THAT big of an issue for people, the solution is fairly simple.

As for carrying a gas can in your car... uh, I suppose 1 gal would be enough to get it going again. Your car will smell like a gas-station, but whatever works for you.

Just pour the gas in, hit the start button twice to turn the fuel pump on and wait a few minutes for it to suck gas back into the system and it should start right up.

...or you can keep your gas tank half-full and never have to worry.