View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I sometimes get grind (or a crunch) going from 1st to 2nd when doing full acceleration and its caused by shifting a bit to fast for the synchro's. If you shift a bit slower you will probably be ok. I don't ever have this problem with anything but 1st to 2nd.
When I see people post 'shift slower' I hear, "you have a sports car, but don't accelerate as hard as if it were a true sports car". I've taken out a 2009 and 2010 from a dealership after mine started acting up and the another dealership said 'it's normal'. I couldn't replicate the issue on the others, and I drove them harder than I do my own. I took the Service Mgr out for a drive in mine, chewed up some gears from 1st to 2nd under hard acceleration, "shift slower", he said. I pulled over and stared at him for at least 15 solid seconds, then pulled back out. I wanted to ask him if he was drunk, but held my tongue. I shifted slower, from 6500 RPM in 2nd (approx. 45mph or so) to 6th with a full 1 second delay. Same horrible grinding. "Oooooh. That's not right", he said.

"Not normal? You sure?" - I asked in a very demeaning tone.

(I'm an @$$ most of the time)