View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
Is everyone here having this problem pre 2011 for build date? My 2013 tranny is very smooth and I can power shift in any gear with a super smooth shift no issues.

My 350z tranny I could do the same I did notice before changing the fluid in this car when it was not warmed up yet 1st to 2nd was notchy but never a grind. After amsoil fluid it was smooth as butter.
I think it's a "less-than-.05%" issue for all the transmissions. The grind is very harsh, almost like trying to no-clutch shift when the RPMs are way off from the transmission speed. Imagine a 15yr old trying to drive a standard for the first time. That kind of grind. If you give the dog gear time to spin up (which it shouldn't have to with synchros, you can smoothly shift into gear. But, that delay is a couple second or longer. Trying to track the car would be impossible at that shift rate.

NOTE: I got a call today while I was replacing a RAID controller on an old failing server . My transmission just came in. The service Mgr expects a 1 day install. So, dropping it off tonight after work - hopefully picking it up on Thursday. Woot!