View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #60 (permalink)
UruZai
Track Member

Drives: '13 370Z SR 6MT
UruZai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDMaXX View Post
Yes, you will have to loosen the y-pipe, it's really important that everything is aligned from the front first.

Once it's all close as you can, start slowly tightening from the front, tweaking it as you go to maintain position.

My drivers side pipe is the one i need to realign as well, remember that's the side that has the factory support for the mid-pipe.

Your pipes will be the right ones, the mid pipes (between the mid muffler and the rear sections) should be notably different, hangar on one and not the other.

You should not use the vbands to drag pipes together, once you start the alignment, you notice things get to the right place before you clamp them up, you might find to get them there, that the rear pipes go out of alignment, don't worry about that to begin with, all that is done last.

Lastly, remember the rotation of the drivers side mid pipe on the hangar is what sets the height of the mid muffler from the cross-member.
If the mid muffler is resisting movement up off the cross member, it's the y-pipe attachment which is off. In rare occasions, you might find flipping the y-pipe and/or the mid muffler will help.
Thanks for the info, I will try that this weekend or whenever I have some free time
UruZai is offline   Reply With Quote