View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Over the weekend I had my stock speakers replaced and my amps upgraded to something of a better quality that what I had before. And all what I can say for the whole trip back from the installer bigaudiofanat is WOW I can't believe I was missing so much of my music before.

The highs are so much better, the tweeters if you can call them that, on the stock system miss so much of the high frequencies. I had always just assumed that the sound in a car system is not the same as at home or other places is because a car isn't the best acoustical environment and not that the actual system was so poor.

I decided to go with the Hertz HSK 165 6.5" speakers and I am very pleased with them. I am sure there are many other good speakers out there too depending on peoples budgets.

I am left wondering how many other cars out there have such terrible base audio systems out there too. And how bad my previous cars have been audio wise.
Very glad to hear your happy with everything. That hack job the previous shop called a install was crazy. Bare wires behind the dash, spliced wires as well, crimp connectors galore, even a piece of wire being extended 3 or 4 times because it wasn't long enough. The two biggest things that made me shake my head were the steering wheel control wired wrong, and the head unit being grounded to the head unit's frame. No wonder you were getting noise. Glad its sweet sounding now.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote