View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcoss View Post
Yea I am fully aware it doesn't add up. I drove the car regularly.. Pushed it every now and then. No hard launches or anything, rarely broke the tires loose. The leak came on slowly it wasn't any obvious failure. The smoke out the tailpipe slowly grew and grew until I realized what was happening.

Yea no kidding a cracked camshaft + headgasket doesnt add up. I guess you should ask Nissan how a brand new engine can have a cracked camshaft and a cracked head gasket on an engine with 8000 miles because I don't know. The service manager in the dealership today told me both parts were due to manufacturer's defect. Well considering the chance of manufacturing defect for both parts is somewhere around .1% that puts the chance of both parts failing around 0.01%. I guess I won the lottery of manufacturer's defect.
The odds that both are on the same engine... .000001%
Then again Nissan seems to be having a lot of .000001% errors between the two of us, lol