View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinojos View Post
I'm 100% sure that if I go from 2nd to 6th at any rpm it'll grind, heck if Im not sure to rev match the shift into 6th, it WILL grind. Question is, how do I get nissan to replace the trans? Especially because Nissan has to replicate such "problem". What do I have to tell them to look for?
Here's the thing you can't bring a random intermittent problem into Nissan.. Here's the good news (well sort of) your synchros won't get any better. My 03 transmission issue started with a slight grind and this was sitting in a parking lot clutch all the way in not moving!the synchro got worse by the day...

So that being said you have 2 options kill the synchro... Power shift the crap out of that tranny or wait until it goes because if it isn't good now it will only get worse every shift