View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #5692 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Davey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
wow, you dont really need to change the oil before storage if it's only for a couple of months, imho. i only change it once in the Spring. my car has 12K miles, 4yrs old this summer.

have fun motoring!
Nissan says 6 months or 3750 miles... They're the ones who pay for my engine if it fails (which, I'm sure you and I both know, would have very little to do with me leaving my oil in for longer than 6 months since the low mileage isn't from short trips) so I change it in Nov. when I put it up for storage and then I usually am able to get it out mid-March or so, but this year we got some freezing rain/ice really late in the winter and they threw down about 1.5" of road salt everywhere, then it didn't rain for 2 weeks.

But yeah outside of tornadoes and stuff like that it should be mainly good driving weather from now until November!