View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
UruZai
Track Member

Drives: '13 370Z SR 6MT
UruZai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Have you tried calling Tony at Motordyne? That dude met me in Cali when I drove my car up to Magic Mountain. The damn guy I swear, he purposely went to the same place I was eating breakfast so he can help me after.
No I haven't tried calling him yet but we have been communicating through e-mail. Because I work monday through friday and the time difference is definitely causing some trouble if I were to call. The only time I would be able to call would probably be the weekends, but Tony has told me to call him. Maybe sometime this week I will try call him but I dont know if that will make a difference because I do not have the time to work on my car after work. Hopefully we can solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDMaXX View Post
So you have a similar problem to what i have, however, the problem lies further upstream.

Do you have ART pipes? You need to start again aligning everything from the front of the car with the connections all loose.

If you have ART pipes you may need to loosen those to alight the mid section muffler, i just haven't gotten round to it yet, it was all ok until i swapped out my HFC mids for straights.
Well I don't have ART pipes but I plan to order them at a later time. Do you think I would have to loosen the Y-pipe and work towards the rear? When I was adjusting them I had the Y-pipe tightened down but everything else was hand tightened so I could adjust the mid muffler back. But going back to what I said earlier, the passenger side lines up fine but the driver side is the one that I have to force together, which has caused me to strip 2 clamps already. I asked Tony if I possibly had the wrong pipes because when I was installing my exhaust the first time I had noticed that the motordyne logo was upside down on the drivers side, so I thought I had two passenger side pipes. But he told me the logo doesn't matter. It bothers me how much space there is between the pipes after the mid muffler, I know if I tighten down the clamps to try pull it together, they will eventually strip because the gap is too big. I really love the sound of this exhaust, so I'm going to try fix it first and if I can't I will probably have to go a different route.
UruZai is offline   Reply With Quote